We are 100% volunteer run organization. We have a very strong team and we are looking to add more people with passion to our team.
- Shubhankar Jain – President and Founder – Shubhankar is a junior at Cupertino High School. He loves to play soccer and runs for his XC and Track and Field Team. Born with a brother who has autism, he has seen the challenges that kids, educators, parents, and caregivers run into on a daily basis. He is very passionate about making a difference in the lives of people with special needs.
- Neeraj Agarwal – Chief of Technology – Neeraj is the founder and CEO of inkthemes.com. He is very passionate about technology and started coding when he was 14. He is very supportive of this cause and has graciously donated the WordPress theme and hosting space for www.worldwedream.org.
- Sunwoo Jeong – Story Editor – Sunwoo Jeong is currently a student at Cupertino High School in the graduating class of 2013. He is fluent in English and Korean and is currently taking Spanish in school to try to become tri-lingual. His favorite subject in school is literature and in his free time, he enjoys playing sports, watching movies, reading, and hanging out with friends. He has played basketball and football for the school team and is planning to continue to play for the rest of high school. In the future, Sunwoo hopes to become a clinical psychologist for teenagers in need and believes that WorldWeDream would be a great start to be able to help not only teenagers around the world but all types of people as well.
- Carlos Barron – Story Editor – Carlos is an anthropology major at Foothill College who spent the last three years working with special needs populations. He believes rather firmly that politics will never accomplish anything, but a story can change the world and fantasizes about being the author of said story when he’s bored in class. With an ongoing goal of becoming a jack of all trades, master of at least one, he’s always got a lot of irons in the fire so to speak.In short, he dabbles in a variety of things as a means to better understand others. His life, and bio, are currently works in progress.
Summer 2012 Volunteer Team
- Nima Agah – I first heard about WorldWeDream from peers and other talk amongst school. As a person who enjoys community service, and helping others, I thought applying to WorldWeDream would be a great way to make use of my otherwise boring summer. I am 16, and on my way to becoming a senior at Cupertino High school. Another way I can relate to WorldWeDream is that my mother works on an almost daily basis with special need children at our local elementary and middle schools. Hearing her talk about what she notices with the children and how she goes about helping them was very inspiring to me, making me want to contribute to WorldWeDream.
- Youseph Pavlovic – I am a student at Cupertino High School. I have several years experience in video and sound editing, and my focus at WorldWeDream is making video resumes. I have lived in Cupertino my whole life and want to stay in the Bay Area for college and the foreseeable future. In my free time I like to read, play sports, play and listen to music, and spend time with my family.
- Sarthak Grover –Hi! My name is Sarthak Grover and I am a student at Cupertino High School and will be graduating next year as part of the Class of 2013. I was born in New Delhi, India and lived there for roughly 7 years. I moved to California in 2011 and have enjoyed this wonderful state since. My hobbies include playing sports, working out, and spending time with my family. I love the outdoors and having fun with my friends. I have done a lot of community service and also worked with autistic kids a couple of summers ago. It was a remarkable experience and I look forward to being part of WorldWeDream as I begin the next chapter of my life.
- Jonathan Mo – Hi there! My name is Jonathan Mo, and I am going to be a sophomore at Cupertino High School. I currently live in the city of San Jose with my parents and sister. My hobbies include playing the piano, saxophone, and double bass. I like to run cross-country and track as well. When I first heard about World We Dream, I wanted to join because of its simplistic yet far-reaching goal of helping numerous people with different kinds of capability challenges. I have interacted with a diverse group of people whose successes are not inhibited by such challenges. In my eyes, I believe that the endeavors of this organization will go extremely far in recognizing the talents of these separate individuals.
- Priyanka Tavva – I am Priyanka, and I will be a junior at Cupertino High School. I started working with autistic kids in May, and they have inspired me to support WorldWeDream. While working with these kids, I have learned that they are capable of surpassing the standards society sets for them. In addition to helping autistic kids, I love to play sports, listen to music, read, and travel. After I complete my education and receive a job, I plan to visit a different country each year. I want to travel around the world to experience the food and culture of various countries.
- Srinivaas Sekaran – I am currently a student at Cupertino High School. I may appear reserved but don’t mistake my soft-spoken nature as a lack of passion for life. I have numerous ideas for change in society and I believe WorldWeDream is a catalyst for a better community. Human mentality has always tried to isolate those that are simply different. I think changing this outlook is necessary before we do anything else and WorldWeDream promises to do just that. I look forward to be a part of this team and to leave my mark on the community.
- Veda Thirumandas – I am a rising junior at Cupertino High School and have lived in Cupertino all my life. With the goal of majoring in the sciences and hopefully becoming a doctor in the future, I am greatly interested in learning and in helping others. For this reason, I felt that interning at WorldWeDream would be the perfect way to spend my summer since I would be able to spend my time doing something extremely worthwhile and for the greater good. My hobbies include listening to music, dancing, reading, and spending time with my loved ones.
- Shachi Kakkar – Hey, my name is Shachi Kakkar, I am a Junior at Cupertino High School. I am a fun-loving, easy-going, dedicated and funny type of kid. I love helping other people in need, so when I heard about the chance to help out Shubhankar with WorldWeDream, I took the chance. I love making people smile and laugh and I always want others to keep smiling, and to make this come true, I do some pretty, ahem ‘exotic and wild’ things.
- Pooja Bhatia – My name is Pooja Shannon Bhatia and I will be entering my senior year at Lynbrook High School in Northern California. I have a dog named Otis and he makes me laugh everyday. I enjoy being outside and when I’m older, my dream career is to be in the film industry behind the scenes. My greatest passion is cycling and would love for it to take me traveling over the world doing what I love. Also, helping people and sharing love and compassion is what the world needs more of and WorldWeDream is another step towards making the world a greater place.
- Nick Samoray
- Sangeeta Singla – Sangeeta is an Assistant Professor at Dronacharya College of Engineering, Gurgaon, India. She is the NSS coordinator for the college and has been closely associated with various social initiatives.
- Satish Sachdeva – Satish works for Paypal. His parents and grandmother had a huge influence in shaping his life while growing up in a small town in India. His mother and grandmother in particular used a lot of maxims in their daily lives. At the young age, he would not understand the meanings of these maxims and would ask them for the explanation. Their explanation invariably was through stories. The stories were full of compassion, inspiration, courage, and most importantly: hope. Those stories were similar to the stories in The Chicken Soup for the Kid’s Soul. He still loves reading these stories from time to time.
- A Poem: I am the Disabled Child
- Mary Doten: Five decades worth of life’s greatest experiences: 50 Years of Abilities United
- Strongest Dad in the World
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012